Sunday 1 August 2010

Hello.......(nervous pause)

I can't honestly tell you why I've decide to set up this blog, and to be frank the process of setting it up was fairly stressful.  Mrs Beek normally supervises me closely when I attempt to do anything on a computer, but she's  away.  Fingers crossed this escapade doesn't result in someone stealing my identity or worst case scenario entering my dreams and then manipulating them for the purposes of evil / corporate gain.

Secondly, blogging appears to require skills which don't come easily to me spelling, grammar and expressing my feelings.  So I've armed myself with a Colin's Junior Dictionary (published in 1984) and have decide that this blog will not be vehicle for serious or weighty matters but my thoughts on things I enjoy and / or make me laugh (expect a health dose of films and mountains).

The wallpaper choice for this blog is purely based on the fact I like walking up / climbing mountains, but this is not a mountain I have climbed, it was the only wallpaper choice that reflected my interests in any way.

"And count to 10" the title of my blog comes from my plans try curb my impatience and often unhelpful knee jerk reactions to things via a technique used by Mr Jelly (from the book of the same name), when he encounters seemingly frightening situations he counts to 10 and then reassesses the situation.  In one instant Mr Jelly believed he was about to be eaten by a crocodile because he heard a loud snapping noise but in fact he'd stood on a twig.  I am fully aware this is beginning to drift into serious self improvement territory but when the computer demanded a name for my blog I panicked and came over all earnest.  Hopefully the Mr Jelly reference has remedied that issue.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment